These are the announcements for November 18 - November 24:
1. In preparation for our concert on December 9 (Wind Symphony w/KU Wind Ensemble) and January 28 (Symphonic Band, Jazz Ensemble, Wind Symphony), please have students wear their concert attire on Friday, November 22. As a reminder, all students will be wearing concert black, and here are the parameters for all students for LHS Band Concert Attire: CONCERT ATTIRE LINK
2. The LHS Pep Band schedule and lists are posted HERE. Please check the schedule and lists to be sure that you have your four required dates. Remember, if you attend all 8, then you can count that toward your letter.
3. Nominations are now being accepted for the 2020 MU All Juniors Honor Band! The event will take place on the Columbia campus, February 16-17, 2020 and will provide 11th grade band students the opportunity to experience the collegiate concert band environment through interaction with MU School of Music faculty and students.
Juniors who earned a position in an MMEA All District Honor Band will receive automatic acceptance into the MU All Juniors Honor Band. Furthermore, those who participated as sophomores in the 2019 Missouri All State Band (or were HM) will receive automatic acceptance and will have their $50 participation fee waived. If you would like to be nominated, please reply to Mr. Owen or Mrs. True no later than December 2, 2019.
4. Windfest 2020 will be held at William Jewell College on February 16 and 17. It is a free event, open to all students. If you are interested in being nominated for this group, please reply to Mr. Owen or Mrs. True by December 2, 2019.
5. London travelers – please be reminded that your passports MUST be shown to directors (evidence of ability to travel overseas) by June 1, 2020. Don’t wait too long to take care of this important step!
6. Just a reminder - the LHS Wind Symphony will perform their concert on Monday, December 9, 7pm at the LPAT (1600 S. Withers Road), and the Symphonic Band, Jazz Ensemble and Wind Symphony will perform their concert on Tuesday, January 28 at 7pm at the LPAT.