Here are the announcements for the week of August 24:
1. We passed out the photos that were ordered from Reed Portrait Group today to your students. They should have them when they come home today.
2. We passed out the apparel that was ordered from Show Me Logos today to your students. They should have those items when they come home today.
3. Tomorrow night (8/25) is our first evening marching rehearsal. We will begin promptly at 6:00pm. Please arrive EARLY so that we can start on time. We will finish rehearsal promptly at 8:30pm. Please have transportation ready no later than 8:40pm. Our expectation is to leave soon after the rehearsal ends, so students MUST be picked up by 8:40pm.
4. Today, we reviewed the LHS Band Handbook. ALL students - Color Guard AND Band students - are required to read over this with their parent/guardian present, and then sign the agreement form that can be found within the document. This must be completed by 9/1/2022. Students who have not completed this will not perform on 9/2/2022.
5. This Friday, 8/26, students need to turn in any car wash pledges that they have collected. We sent out an email earlier this month regarding the number of cars washed, so please refer to that to find your total amount due from those who pledged. Please be sure to bring the funds in a sealed envelope with the student's name on the outside.
6. The All District Band and All District Jazz Band audition material can be found on our website, www.bluejaypridebands.com, under Resources > Links - Student Resources. The password for that material is Gopractice1. We will also be using this music for our concert band seating auditions and LHS jazz band auditions, so be sure to get work done on it now.
7. The LHS Band and Color Guard will be traveling to Orlando during spring break this year (March 20-25). There is still time to register and pay for the trip! You can go here: https://spark.worldstrides.com/log-in
and register your student (and yourself, if you would like to go with us!)
As a reminder, the next payment is due on September 14, 2022.
8. Our Parent Performance will be held on Thursday, September 1 (next Thursday!) at 7:30pm in the LHS Football Stadium. Come and experience the marching band's preparation and even come to the field and get some marching in yourself! All are invited, and we look forward to seeing you that evening.
9. Our first home game is Friday, September 2. Students will need to report to the band room at 5:15pm, and we will prepare by getting uniforms on, warming up, tuning, and marching to the field for our pregame performance. We will also perform at halftime as well. You won't want to miss it!
We know that this is a LOT of information. Please let us know what questions you have - we are glad to help however we can!